Everything you need to know about renting with us
Please read our viewing, reservation and letting policies below before booking a viewing and/or signing up for a house. You can find more detailed student advice here.
Houses are rented on a first come first serve basis – please email us to request a contract.
We will never pressure you into signing for a house on the spot, however we ask that you be aware that we cannot hold a house without a signed contract and a deposit.
If you wish to reserve a house we require the contract signed by all tenants and returned to us (an electronic copy is fine or you can just pop into the office to hand in the paper contract)
Once a contract is signed you then have 14 days to pay the deposit and return the guarantor form
If we do not receive all deposits and paperwork within 14 days of signing a contract and we do not have notice from yourselves of a delay/prior agreement for more time, then the house will be placed back on the website as available
When we have received guarantor details from you, a credit/reference check will be undertaken to confirm they are in a suitable position to stand as guarantor
If you do not have a guarantor or don’t want to provide one, you will just need to pay your rent in two instalments instead of monthly or termly. In this situation we ask that you provide us with a letter to confirm that you agree to this and proof that you are able to make the two payments (e.g. student finance documents)
Dropping out of the contract
Please note that if you drop out of the contract after signing it, whether or not you have already moved into the property or paid rent, it’s your responsibility to find a suitable replacement and you are liable for the rent until you do. Please read the terms and conditions for finding a replacement below.
Re-renting rooms – terms and conditions
- The replacement must be under 25 and ideally either a full time student or a recent graduate
- They must meet the other housemates and be agreed
- If working (full time only) they must provide 3 months’ of wage slips and bank statements and provide their previous and most recent address
- If working they must provide a work contact and reference
- They must provide their previous landlord/agents’ details
- They must pay an admin fee of £40 to cover the credit search etc.
- They must provide a suitable UK guarantor
- We will not accept anyone receiving benefits
- They must agree to take over the full remainder of the contract or the original tenant will agree to make up the rent if the new tenant does not take over the full remainder of the contract
Advertising and viewings – terms and conditions
- We can place an advertisement on our website for you and this will be charged at £49. This amount will be deducted from your deposit at the end of the tenancy.
- We can also conduct viewings on your behalf but this will cost £15 per viewing, and again will be deducted from your deposit. We would advise conducting viewings yourself or asking the remaining housemates to do so for you.